Snow is in the forecast and Christmas is nearly here, so why hold back any longer? Below are some of your many comments about the holidays.
What do you mean Santa’s not real?
Do you remember the moment you found out Santa isn’t real? It can be sad, funny, and everything in between. These are some of our favorite responses to the question, “How did you find out Santa isn’t real?”
- “How I found out Santa wasn't real, was I was going to the bathroom the night before Christmas, and I saw my parents wrapping my presents. I was like, ‘Oh, I wonder what they're doing,’ and then I woke up that morning and it was the same presents and the same gift wrapping.” -Morgan Hitch, senior
- “In first grade my friend came up to me like, 'Dude, I just found out something really cool!' And I said, 'What is it?' And he said, 'Santa Claus isn’t real!' Then I had a breakdown." -Alex Aliradi, sophomore
- “Well I don’t really have any story like that but my friends do. They got their daughter a bunch of gifts from ’Santa’ and then she just started balling and her parents were like, ‘What's wrong?!’ and then their daughter said, ‘Well I got all these great gifts from Santa Claus but you guys didn't buy me anything!’ She thought her parents forgot to get her a Christmas present, so she was sad because she didn't get anything from her parents. And so then they just told her the truth.” -Vice Principal Nicole Jimenez
- “I was probably six or seven. I wanted to catch Santa so I slept under the Christmas tree and waited for him. But he never came.” -Abbey Lewis, senior
- “What are you talking about? Santa Claus isn’t real?” – English teacher Andrew Martin
Story by Bailey Guy and Owen McClister
‘Jingle Bell Rock’ favorite holiday hit
Radio stations have been playing Christmas music since Thanksgiving. The Ville News asked about 35 HHS students to name their favorite holiday songs. The top choice was “Jingle Bell Rock” with 7 votes followed by:
- “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” - 5 votes
- “The 12 Days of Christmas” - 5 votes
- “Last Christmas”- 5 votes
- “All I Want For Christmas Is You” - 4 votes
- “The Little Drummer Boy” - 3 votes
Other songs mentioned were “The Bad List,” “Wit It This Christmas,” “Sleigh Ride,” “Underneath the Tree,” “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree,” “Jingle Bells,” “Little Did You Know,” “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” and “Don’t be a Jerk! (It’s Christmas)” from the SpongeBob TV show.
Librarian Angie Woods said her new favorite is “All I Really Want For Christmas” by Lil Jon.
“Up until today it was ‘Jingle Bells,’" Woods said, “but now it’s ‘All I Really Want For Christmas.’ It’s so catchy.”
Story by Kayla Battista, Leilani Boleyjack and Ryan Ray